Saturday, August 14, 2010

Been Awhile

Hello and welcome to my blog.

This is not a recommendation to buy or sell any of the stocks discussed on this blog. Due diligence is your responsibility. If you need professional investment advice then find a professional.

Long past updating this blog. Will have to see whether I get back into the habit of posting regularly.

I am no longer following the U.S. markets on a daily basis. Instead I have moved my efforts to the Canadian markets and the land of penny stocks. I have placed a very small amount of money into play and have broken almost all the rules in doing so. The point was reached of either put up or shut up. Talk is cheap and I decided I had to put up. Alas, I am now holding losing positions but have gained from the experience.

The following chart is where I presently stand Aug 14, 2010. Not a pretty sight.


All of these picks were from surfing the net and finding ideas from other people. Not a bad way to find ideas. Though my mistakes after the initial findings were numerous. The main errors were not paying enough attention to the technicals before the initial entry, then not having the guts to admit an error by using proper money management. The often talked about GREED and FEAR came fully into play.
So, where to now? To paraphrase Darwin: Survival goes to those who adapt.
If avoidance behavior can be viewed as adaption then that is where I stand now. Despite knowing that the above chart is not a pretty sight I am not willing to pull the plug. The FEAR of losing the money dominates but with the full knowledge that it can get worse. When I look over the charts some of them are plain awful, others not so bad. I will tough it out for now.
Part of my avoidance behavior is returning to this blog. Another has been to go indicator hunting. I have also gone searching for easy to use portfolio software along with a couple of other do-dads. The results of this avoidance behavior will be in the next post.
Thank you for your time.

No comments:

Post a Comment