Sunday, August 15, 2010

DARVAS AGAIN CORRECTION

Hello and welcome to my blog.

This is not a recommendation to buy or sell any of the stocks discussed on this blog. Due diligence is your responsibility. If you need professional investment advice then find a professional.

Oy. I decided to go look at the code for DARVAS at:
http://www.guppytraders.com/gup206.shtml

Then I took the time and did the copy and paste into MetaStock. The results for the BOX TOP that I was previously using almost matched, BUT the BOX BOTTOM was way off. OUCH.

You can go to the link and work out and input the code for yourself. Not very hard at all. Right now I am looking at both codes and all those lines and going a bit batty. Trapped in a DARVAS BOX. I think I will go with what is presented in the above link. My thanks to GuppyTraders and to Matthew Ford whom they acknowledge at the site for developing the formulas.

Right now I am going to give this a rest and then go back later to playing around in MetaStock. If you do not go looking and fall down sometimes, then you learn nothing. A chart of AOI.V follows using the guppy provided code for the DARVAS BOX.


Thank you for your time.

No comments:

Post a Comment