Friday, April 3, 2009

DD03 THANK YOU GUMMY (data grabber)

Hello and welcome to my blog.

Thank you Gummy.

I went looking for a new way to get daily data and discovered the following site. http://www.gummy-stuff.org/Yahoo-data.htm After a couple of tries I worked out how to get the data from Yahoo into the format I wanted. Thank you Gummy for providing such a beautiful excel spreadsheet.

Then I went looking at the other spreadsheets he has generously provided. The link is...
http://www.gummy-stuff.org/index.htm WOW. About one third down and on the left look for the 'chart' icon. This links to about 150 different spreadsheets. WOW. I have only had the time to marvel at the work that went into building these and the generosity to put them on the net. There are at least 5 of them that I plan to examine in detail, if not for other commitments I would be in front of this screen all weekend. I do not know if the ones I look at will be any good or not, I am simply looking forward to the adventure of playing with them. I sense though that there is some very valuable material buried inside them.

Thank you Gummy.

Thank you for your time.

No comments:

Post a Comment