Sunday, August 9, 2009

HH09 RESTART

Hello and welcome to my blog.

The past few weeks have been spent gettin lost inside the little box. Learning curves, charts, too much, too little, this way, that way. In the last little while the inherent uncertainties of the markets have flowed into my own brain. A world filled with maybes and what-ifs. Instead of guiding my ship through the sea I have let the sea toss me around like a cork. Not a good thing.
Now is the time to take hold of the tiller and steer my own course.

While surfing the net and practicing avoidance behavior I came across the following forum thread. http://sites.google.com/site/stratsstressfreetrading/

You can go and read the whole thread if you like but the following few lines are what I came away with.

quote
I am a professional trader. My job is to take risk. If I manage my losses and let my profits run I will be successful. Because I am a professional trader, I will forgive myself easily for making mistakes and move on to new opportunities. I feel great that I have the discipline to control my emotions and the patience required to be a professional trader. I am a professional trader and will make $1,000,000 by year end. I will achieve this by following my trading plan, setting achievable goals, and controlling my emotions. I am confident and believe in my own ability to be consistently profitable because I AM a professional trader.

The first thing, after identifying a trade MUST ALWAYS BE - WHAT IS MY RISK?...
The ONLY thing they care about is how much they can LOSE. Amateurs and all other traders think just the opposite - how much can they make.

Here's a quote from the book, "Techniques of Tape Reading" , by Vadym Graifer and Christopher Schumacher - "Professionals take a trade when they are comfortable with the risk, while amateurs do it when they like the potential profit."

Buy when it goes up and sell when it goes down.

I trade TO LIVE, the losers LIVE to trade.
unquote

I have modified the first section to become my own mission statement. A way to rebuild my own confidence and get hold of the tiller and back on course.

MISSION STATEMENT

I am a successful trader.
My job is to manage risk.
I will cut my losses and let my profits run.
I will forgive myself easily for making mistakes.
I will easily move on to new opportunities.
I will easily continue to learn, evolve and adapt.
These things allow me to be a successful trader.

I feel great because I have the discipline to control my emotions.
I feel great because I have the ability to be a successful trader.
I am a successful trader and will make $1,000,000 by year end.

I will achieve this goal by following my trading plan.
I will achieve this goal by setting achievable goals.
I will achieve this goal by controlling my emotions.
I am confident and believe in my own ability to be consistently profitable.
I AM a successful trader.

No comments:

Post a Comment