Thursday, December 18, 2008

First Chart DJI L17

Hello and welcome to my blog.
I only want to see how well this works and what it looks like. The source of this chart is
http://wl4.wealth-lab.com/ and I would like to thank them for providing a fantastic site.

The chart you see here is the result of my own coding. I am not a programmer so it took me awhile to figure out the nuts and bolts. I am glad I took the time to learn. I cannot thank Wealth-Lab enough for the service they provide.

Chart courtesy of Wealth-Lab.com. A link to their site is above. My apologies if the chart is a little fuzzy looking.
Briefly this is what the chart shows. The pale green and pink lines that carry through the whole chart are the Alert signals. These are what I post in the spreadsheet link each day. The next panel is a duplicate of the Alert signal. The signal occurs when the line in the CCC panel moves above or below 0. In the CCC panel there are dark orange and green lines. These are generated when the black line crosses the moving average (thin red line). I consider these a secondary signal, more of a 'watch me' than a 'pay close attention'. The top panel is more of a longer term wave signal and is squished up for clarity of the other panels. I do check to see if there are colored markers to confirm the Alert signals. In late October you can see these showing up and indicated at the time that perhaps a longer wave change was in store.
On the price chart are the almost standard moving averages. The thin dark colored one is a 54 day exponential moving average. The thicker red, blue and green lines are all derived from an 18 day exponential moving average. I have done some basic mathematical playing to come up with these lines. Sorry but I will not tell you what it is. Nothing fancy but something I like to keep under my hat. It is definitely not the Holy Grail. The thick pale blue line is a linear regression indicator.
Okay, enough for now. I do have a real life to attend to. As always this blog is for entertainment purposes only and is not investment advice. If you need professional investment advice then find a professional.
Thank you for your time.

No comments:

Post a Comment