Tuesday, December 16, 2008

First Time

Hello and welcome to my blog. This is my first entry so the edges may be a little rough. My intent is to post the daily buy and sell signals generated by the technical methods I use. I do not have a silver bullet or secret formula so these signals are for entertainment purposes only. I am not a professional advisor and if you need investment advice please contact a professional. The technical signals and musings given on this page are not to be viewed or used as investment advice in any way.

I am a blue collar worker who has followed the markets for a number of years. Some would call it a hobby, some an obsession, my girlfriend calls it my wife. The reason I started doing this blog was to try and keep the daily signals in order. I have tried a variety of methods for data management and all have come up short. Time will tell if using this blog provides a solution.

Okay, so what is 600 stocks? Actually it is a few more, but 600 was an easy number. I simply used a scan at StockFetcher.com to generate a list on November 2 of this year. The criteria was volume, price and exchange. I wanted a reasonable amount of volume within a certain price range and no OTC stocks. The result was the 600 stocks which I use as a base. On a daily basis I scan this base at Wealth-lab.com using a method I created. The results of this scan are what I plan to post here on a daily basis. They are not strict buy or sell signals, only alerts to pay attention, other criteria are applied to determine whether an entry is justified.

Since I am a newbie at this I am not sure how to link the above two web sites. I do subscribe to stockfetcher.com but only use the service for an occassional scan. I really like their site. My favorite though is wealth-lab.com. With limited time and no coding skills my learning curve was long for this site but I love the way the charts look and the scanning ability is great. It was worth the effort on my part to do the learning. Thank you wealth-lab.com.

That is all for my first entry. Please remember that I have limited time and resources so bumps will probably occur. My next post will be later today and I will give the signals generated at market close for yesterday December 15. If that is relatively painless then I will give the signals for today some time tonight.

Thank you for your time.








No comments:

Post a Comment